eCommerce has boomed substantially and evolved the retail industry in recent years and even more due to the pandemic. It is now part of our daily lives. In this guide, we shall explore possibilities of how eCommerce is going to evolve beyond 2022. Let’s get started.
Multichannel experience for the customers
eCommerce is convenient to the customers since they do not have to visit physical stores to buy the products they require. They can buy everything they need online from the comfort of home. Social commerce is one of the top multichannel marketing strategies. Anyone can now buy products online from any online platform regardless of the experience they have in shopping online.
Many businesses have already started trials of delivering food and other services through delivery drones. Drone delivery is expected to launch in full scale in the coming years. Drone delivery is efficient as it:
- Reduces the time required for delivery.
- Reduction in accidents.
- Reduction in emissions.
- Customer satisfaction levels improve.
Personalization of services
Brands are continuously looking for ways to improve personalization of services for their customers to improve customer retention and gain new ones. Some of the popular ways to personalize services include:
- Connecting with customers through text and emails makes all the difference.
- Brands are quickly switching to AI-based recommendation systems that make it easier for customers to choose their desired product.
The boom of M-commerce
While M-commerce is already present, it is only expected to boom in the coming years as more and more people are buying smartphones. Brands are optimizing their services to enable customers to purchase products and services through their smartphones.
As technology is advancing, customers are also getting hooked to interactive visuals. This can make all the difference and impact decisions while they make purchases. Popular visual stimulation strategies include:
- Images and videos: While images and videos have been around for quite some time, brands are incorporating 360-degree views in high-quality to give customers a complete view of the product.
- Virtual reality: This will change the way customers buy products in the future. Through VR, customers can get a closer and an enhanced feel of what they want to buy.
Voice searches and purchases are already present in many countries around the world. In the future, it is only set to increase more. Through different voice assistants such as Siri and Alexa, customers will be able to purchase products and services just by instructing the voice assistant to purchase it for them.
With constant changes and evolution technology, the future of eCommerce is definitely bright. If brands wish to stay relevant, they need to upgrade themselves to stay in the game. This guide will help brands in kick starting their upgradation process.